There are many different ways to play the game of craps, but all of them share certain common elements. The basic premise of the game is that players will be betting on the outcome of either a single roll or a series of rolls of two six-sided dice. In most cases, players will be able to choose from a wide variety of different bets, each of which comes with its own set of odds and payout potential.
One of the most important things to remember when learning how to play craps is that, while craps may seem like a game of chance, there is a good deal of skill involved in playing the game. To be successful at craps, players need to have a solid understanding of the various bets that are available and know when to place them. Players who can master these skills will be in a much better position to win money playing craps.
See: Intro to Craps Game
Craps Game How to Get Started
Craps is a dice game in which the players make wagers on the outcome of the roll, or a series of rolls, of a pair of dice. The craps table looks very confusing with all the different bets, but if you take some time to understand the bets, craps can be a fun and exciting game with a very low house edge.
The first thing you need to do when you sit down at a craps table is to buy chips from the casino cashier. You will then need to take these chips to the craps table and exchange them for craps chips. These craps chips are different colors and have different values. The most common craps chips are white, $1 chips.
Once you have your craps chips you will need to decide what bets you want to make. The most common bet is the pass-line bet. This is a bet that the dice will pass (win) on the come-out roll. The odds of this bet are 1.41% in favor of the casino.
The following is a list of craps bets and their house edges:
- Bet House Edge
- Pass-line bet 1.41%
- Don’t pass-line bet 1.36%
- Come bet 1.41%
- Don’t come bet 1.36%
- Place a bet on 6 or 8 1.52%
- Place a bet on 5 or 9 4.00%
- Place a bet on 4 or 10 6.67%
- Buy bet on 4 or 10 4.76%
- Buy bet on 5 or 9 3.23%
- Buy bet on 6 or 8 2.50%
- Lay bet on 4 or 10 5.26%
- Lay bet on 5 or 9 4.00%
- Lay bet on 6 or 8 3.33%
- Big 6 9.09%
- Big 8 9.09%
- Field bet 5.56%
As you can see, to win make the bets with the lowest house edge. The pass-line bet and the come bet are the two best bets in craps with a house edge of only 1.41%. If you can master these two bets, you will be in a good position to win money playing craps.
How to play craps game for beginners
The Craps game for a beginner can be very confusing and frustrating. There is a lot of information on the craps table that can be intimidating to a beginner. To reduce this intimidation factor is by playing crap online.
Playing craps online will allow you to get comfortable with the game and all the different bets before you ever step foot in a live casino. This is a great way to learn how to play craps and win money.
Step-by-step guide on how to play the craps game for beginners
- Go to the craps table and exchange your money for chips.
- Place your chips on the craps table and wait for the shooter to roll the dice.
- If you bet on the pass line, you will win if the shooter rolls a 7 or 11 on the come-out roll. If the shooter rolls a 2, 3, or 12, you will lose your bet.
- If the shooter rolls any other number, that number becomes the point. The shooter will then roll the dice again and try to roll the same number before rolling a 7. If the shooter rolls the point again, you will win your bet. If the shooter rolls a 7 before rolling the point again, you will lose your bet.
- You can also make other types of bets such as come bets, don’t pass line bets, place bets, and field bets.
- When you are ready to cash out, exchange your chips for money at the craps table.
Craps Betting and Strategy
The popular way to win money playing craps is to make bets with the lowest house edge. The following is a list of craps bets and their house edges:
- Bet House Edge
- Pass Line Bet 1.41%
- Don’t Pass Line Bet 1.36%
- Come Bet 1.41%
- Don’t Come Bet 1.36%
- Place Bet (6 or 8) 1.52%
- Place Bet (5 or 9) 4.00%
- Place Bet (4 or 10) 6.67%
- Field Bet 5.56%
The craps bets with the lowest house edge are the pass line bet, the come bet, and they don’t pass line bet. The craps bets with the highest house edge are the place bets on the 5 and 9, and the place bets on the 4 and 10.
The best craps strategy is to make the bets with the lowest house edge and avoid the bets with the highest house edge. By doing this you will give yourself the best chance to win money playing craps.
Things to Remember When Playing Craps Game
The craps game is fast-paced and exciting. There is a lot of action and many different things to remember. Here are some things to keep in mind when playing craps:
- The craps table is also divided into two sections, the come-out roll, and the point roll. The come-out roll is when the shooter rolls the dice for the first time. The point roll is when the shooter rolls the dice after the come-out roll.
- It is also important to remember that craps are a game of chance and that there is no sure way to win. The best way to win money playing craps is to make bets with the lowest house edge and to avoid the bets with the highest house edge.
- The most common craps system is the Martingale system. This system is designed to help players win money by increasing their bets after a loss.
- The best way to learn how to play craps is to practice at home with friends or family. Once you feel comfortable playing craps, you can then start playing at a casino.