One of the oldest games that have withstood the test of time is Baccarat. Since its inception in the 1400s, Baccarat has found enthusiasts globally at a fast pace. The present times have also seen Baccarat as a prime mover in its tremendous number of followers in the casino gaming industry. Baccarat is also part of the roster of games on almost all — if not, all — casino sites online. It has become part of the iconic symbols of the casino lifestyle.
We’ve gathered the best baccarat tips for the enthusiastic online baccarat player. Here you’ll find clarity on the details that can make baccarat seem daunting to play. Baccarat tips also include a roster of the best online casinos to try practicing for free or playing real money on. There is specific information as well on baccarat tips which cover often-asked questions and winning insights. Here we go, folks!
Basic Baccarat Rules
The main thing to always consider when it comes to baccarat rules is to focus on its objective and that is to get a hand as close to 9 as possible.
Here are the basics to keep in mind when playing baccarat:
- There are six to eight decks in a baccarat shoe
- The same face value is carried on the cards from 2 to 9
- The cards, 10, Jack, Queen and King are all equal to zero
- Unlike some card games, the Ace is always equal to 1
- In Baccarat, suits don’t carry any weight
- Once your score goes over 9, just drop the first digit
Baccarat Winning Tips
Our baccarat tips here for winning are best suited to the beginner of online baccarat gaming. These tips are also best used if you’re wanting to venture and try out betting strategies and not just stick to generic baccarat play. These baccarat tips also won’t put you at an advantage but help improve your play and increase higher odds to be structured to your favour.
- Be highly aware of the odds. Gaining in-depth knowledge of the details of baccarat tables will always work positively towards your game. Make sure that the expected information is in sync with what you perceive. Note that regular casino commissions that are deducted from bets are: On the Banker, ranges from 5% to 25%. You will rarely bump into an online casino with less than a five per cent commission. The Odds for Player bet: 1:1 — this is consistent. The Tie bet always pays 8:1. The Tie bet is the least favourable in value.
- Consider betting on the Player most of the time. As we have cited earlier, the Player bet has no commission and is cleanly 1:1. There are numerous recommendations to go for the Banker baccarat bet but the commission percentage can have you disappointed at the end.
- Read the sign: Quit While You’re Ahead. Everyone hopes that each baccarat session is a winner. Better make it a habit to have a cap on your bankroll to also alert you that it’s time to step back if you have reached your limit. Learn from the losing streak for you can use this to win in your next game.
- Short Baccarat Sessions are best. The longer you stay with the game, the higher the house edge will become. A good way to enjoy baccarat yet still keep this in check would be to keep count of the number of games you have played. You can simply peg this at 30 or so and walk away when you reach this number.
- Betting Strategies are meant to be followed. With any betting strategy that comes highly recommended for any casino online game, it is best to stick to this all throughout your game. Even if it works or not, at the very least, you’ll be able to know if this can be your preference on your next game.
- Manage your bankroll. As with all casino online games, there are good days and not-so-good ones. Always keep a cap on your bankroll and walk away if you have reached this. There are also good betting strategies and tips that help you manage this efficiently.
Different Types of Bets in Playing Baccarat
Baccarat is designed to only have two hands dealt. This would be The Banker and The Player’s hand. The winning hand would be the one that has the highest total nearest to 9 or 9 itself.
Coming from this vantage point, there are only three types of bets in Baccarat. This would be wagering with The Banker hand, or The Player hand or The Tie. Every baccarat table or online game has very clear assigned areas on these three choices.
Here’s how the house edge plays out for each different wager:
- Banker: House Edge: 1.06%
- Player: House Edge: 1.36%
- Tie: House Edge: 14.40%
The Banker Bet
This is the most popular baccarat bet among the three choices. It has the lowest house edge which means that it offers the highest chance of winning. The flip side to this would be the casino’s commission percentage taken out of The Banker bet. This can be from five percent to as high as 25 percent wholly depending on which online casino you’d choose to play baccarat in. For low bets, this can impact significantly total winnings after the game. But for the high rollers, they can perhaps overlook said commission especially if the total winnings are more than they expected.
The Player Bet
This type of bet in baccarat is the second-ranking among the three. There are no house commissions on your wager and the odds ratio is 1:1. Compared to The Tie bet, The Player bet has a significantly low house edge. If you’re a beginner, this is a good place to start with low bets. Results can be better than expected especially when your winnings are what is laid out and no amount is taken for the casino commission. If there are high stakes, it’s best to deeply weigh things out on whether The Player or The Banker bet will have your gameplay on solid ground.
The Tie Bet
This kind of bet is the least popular of the three. As with its name, if the winning hand is a tie between the banker and the player — the wager wins. The odds of this happening are considerably rare. This is why there is a very high house edge on this type of bet. Yes, the payout is definitely something to think about but, again, the results of a tie will usually not be seen on the baccarat table. Remember, there are 6 to 8 decks in one casino shoe for baccarat. What more would the odds be when it’s a machine that has an algorithm built to churn out the most random results?
Pros and Cons of Playing Baccarat Online with Live Dealer
We find it useful to also give you guys a backgrounder on playing baccarat. Here are what we gathered when it comes to choosing between playing baccarat online with a live dealer compared to none.
|The spirit of competition is sky-high. The gambling environment is much more vivid when you’re with peers who also enjoy the baccarat game. It is a more thrilling experience.||There is a limited option for betting unlike purely online baccarat. Only the three bets are considered which are The Banker, The Player and The Tie bets. Beyond making your wager, the dealer will take over how the game is played out.|
|Players are on equal ground. It’s safe to assume that you’re equal with other players unlike other card games when there is a bit of animosity towards each other.||There is a casino commission for every bet won with The Banker. This can chisel out a considerable amount of your winnings.|
|It is a social game. Baccarat was built to encourage camaraderie among its players. It is without a double interactive and you’re with good company who are like-minded souls when loving the baccarat game.|
|There are many online casinos with amazing offers, bonuses and freebies, especially for beginners or first-time customers. This can also include payback on bonus games and premium reloads.||A potential risk is if you’ve chosen a fraudulent website. You need to stick with our recommendations here or make sure that the online casino is regulated and licensed by PAGCOR.|
|Accessibility is the key to online baccarat. You can choose the time, place and even the outfit you wear — go as casual as pyjamas if you like, it’s all right.||Things can get boring. If you’re after that electric atmosphere that’s found playing live dealer online baccarat, your expectations won’t be met.|
|There’s also no emotional stress if one has a losing streak.|
|Online baccarat only requires very low initial deposits to start playing. You can give baccarat a go despite not wanting to risk much money.|
In a Nutshell:
It all boils down to your preferences when it comes to pros and cons on this matter. Just give things some thought. There are always choices on hand to get the best gaming experience you have in mind.
Popular Payment Methods to Deposit and Withdraw in Playing Baccarat Online
The ever-important factor in online baccarat is the ease and security with which you can make a payment to play and the ability to also withdraw your winnings. The first thing to do here would be to choose the payment method you work best with and along that line, search for the online casino that can match it.
Here’s a list of the most popular types of payment options:
- Credit and Debit Cards. Currently, ranked as the most popular and widely accepted online casino payment option. They have lower minimum deposit limits and are very safe. Flipside: there are always low percentage fees while processing every transaction. You do need to present a passport, ID, and license to verify you are the owner of the card.
- E-Wallets or electronic wallets are part of the new payment options. Peer-to-peer transfer of money is allowed which is stored in the e-wallet. It works across all internet-enabled platforms, including smartphones and personal computers. You can remain anonymous in transactions — no personal data is exchanged. Transactions are instant as well. Most of all, there are no additional fees. The most popular in the Philippines: GCash, Neteller, Ecopayz, Skrill, and PayPal
- Bank Transfers. Electronic payments are possible directly from one account to another. You can deposit money from any online casino in the Philippines. Here are the known banks that have this service with Philippine online casinos: Metrobank, Philippine National Bank, LandBank, Banco de Oro (BDO), Bank of the Philippine Islands, and others.
- Crypto. Crypto transactions are the newest option and they are borderless. They are not attached to any financial institution, no additional fees on transactions and are completely anonymous.The most popular cryptocurrencies in the Philippines include Bitcoin, Ethereum, Dash, Ripple, OX, and more.
- Offline Payment Options. The most popular offline methods are eCheck, Western Union, Bank Wire Transfer, and others.
- Mobile Payment Options For Deposits & Withdrawals. You can deposit and withdraw funds from anywhere in the Philippines. Just download the app and install it on your device. They also work faster than other electronic payment systems. Here are the most popular: PayMaya, BanKO, Moneygment, Coins.ph, GrabPay, Beep.
Top Rated Casinos to Play Baccarat Online 2022
Here’s the latest the team gathered for you guys. We researched reviews, read up on feedback, surveyed our colleagues, friends and families as well as looked into online news on which are the top-rated casinos to play Baccarat online with as of the year 2022:
- 1xBet Casino – Hundreds of different Baccarat games
- 22Bet Casino – Excellent live Baccarat online platform
- BK8 Casino – Leading site for online Baccarat real money
- 888Casino – Mobile-friendly Baccarat games
- BetOnline Casino – One of the best Baccarat sites
- MyBookie Casino – Generous welcome bonus
- Shangri La Casino – Popular Asian online casino
- Sportaza Casino – Baccarat, Blackjack & other card games available
- MelBet Casino – Variety of online Baccarat games
- Fun88 Casino – Excellent option for players in the Philippines
Overall, baccarat is very simple and not at all complicated. Just keep on practising to get the feel for the pace and how the game rolls about. As with all online games, you do have choices on betting and how to structure your gameplay. Always keep in mind to simply have fun. You can step back, pause or quit if it’s not as fun any longer. There will be another day and it might turn out for the best.